Curriculum: Middle Years Programme
A great teacher resource that gives you everything necessary to become a better MYP teacher. Practical tools, classroom examples, and content from experienced MYP teachers and Language Acquisition Department Heads.
- Classroom examples and resources to give you ideas for how to best teach MYP
- Downloadable resources you can modify and use right away in your own classroom
- Explanations and graphics to help you plan your units of inquiry
30+ downloadable resources and informative graphics to use in your classroom and deepen your knowledge.
Easy-to-understand explanations for creating your unit of inquiry including unit plan samples, using the key and related concepts, global contexts, and statement of inquiries. Student samples and teacher videos to help you plan your MYP Language Acquisition course.
A DIGITAL WORKBOOK
- Highly Engaging courses
- Unique Learning Paths
- Video Conferencing
- 24/7 Support with Live Chat
EARN A DIGITAL CERTIFICATE
Earn a digital certificate that can be used for re-licensure (depending on your state or country).
Inside the Toolkit
Introduction to MYP Language Acquisition
- Workbook #1
- Session Introduction
- Introduction to the MYP
- Foundations of Language Acquisition
- Quiz on Session 1
SESSION 2 - Planning your MYP LA Course
- Session 2 Workbook
- Service as Action
- Interdisciplinary Teaching & Learning
- Unit Planning
SESSION 3 - Building the Unit of Inquiry
- Session 3 Workbook
- Key Concepts
- Related Concepts
- Global Contexts
- Statement of Inquiry
- Inquiry Questions
- Inquiry in the Classroom
- Quiz on Session 2 & 3
SESSION 4 - Teaching & Learning Best Practices
- Session 4 Workbook
- The Learner Profile
- Approaches to Learning (ATL)
- Approaches to Teaching (ATT)
SESSION 5 - Assessment in MYP Language Acquisition
- Session 5 Workbook
- The Role of Assessment
- Assessment Planning & Development
- Creating Rubrics
- Quiz on Session 4 & 5
- How was your experience?
- Certificate of Completion
Some Questions We Hear Often
How does the toolkit help me with teaching MYP Language Acquisition?
This toolkit includes 30+ downloadable resources all focused on supporting you as you teach MYP Language Acquisition. The course includes:
- Detailed information on building your unit of inquiry
- Classroom examples and downloadable examples from experienced teachers
- Best practices, videos, and audios to support you in becoming a more effective MYP Language Acquisition teacher
- Our contributor team teaches various languages (Spanish, German, and French) to give you examples and ideas for ANY language you may teach for MYP Language Acquisition.
Can an experienced MYP Language Acquisition teacher benefit from using the IB toolkit?
Definitely! With over 30+ printable resources, our toolkit includes a wide variety of ideas to spark your creativity and get you excited about teaching language acquisition.
Can I use this for all my teachers at my school and district?
Yes! This MYP Language Acquisition toolkit is designed to work with our other Ibtrove toolkits for a comprehensive and unified professional learning opportunity for all the IB teachers in your building and district. Bundle this toolkit with our other Ibtrove toolkits to create a customized learning plan for your teachers!
IB Teacher Toolkit Free Demo
To get this 7-day free demo, contact Ibtrove's Academic Lead, Janna, at email@example.com.
** Please note: You will receive the login email within 24-48 hours after purchase**