Mandarin B for the IB Diploma Second Edition
Author: Yan Burch
Curriculum: IB Diploma Programme International Baccalaureate
Dimension: 8.43 x 0.59 x 10.87 inches
Edition: 2nd Edition
Isbn 10: 1510446583
Pages: 384 pages
Release date: 02/22/2019
Series: Mandarin B for the IB Diploma
Develop competent communicators who can demonstrate a sound conceptual understanding of the language with a flexible course that ensures thorough coverage of the updated Mandarin B Guide and is designed to meet the needs of all IB students at Standard and Higher Level.
- Empower students to communicate confidently by exploring the five prescribed themes through authentic texts and skills practice at the right level, delivered in clear learning pathways.
- Ensure students are able to produce coherent written texts and deliver proficient presentations with grammar and vocabulary introduced in context and in relation to appropriate spoken and written registers.
- Improve receptive skills with authentic written texts, audio recordings spoken at a natural pace, and carefully crafted reading and listening tasks.
- Promote global citizenship, intercultural understanding and an appreciation of Chinese cultures through a wide range of text types and cultural material from around the world.
- Deliver effective practice with a range of structured tasks within each unit that build reading, listening, speaking and writing skills.
- Establish meaningful links to TOK and CAS, and identify learner profile attributes in
Simplified Chinese characters used throughout