Mathematics for the International Student 9 (MYP 4) (3rd edition)
Please find a general update from our author team below:
- Overall, the algebraic requirement for MYP 4 and MYP 5E is slightly lower, reflecting the lower entry point at DP level for the HL courses under the new syllabus. However, there is still plenty of challenging problems for the stronger student requiring critical thinking and analysis skills.
- We have greatly improved our offering for MYP Global Contexts, both in number of projects and quality, bringing extra historical and cultural interest, more interesting question sets, and better matching to assessment rubrics.
- Each chapter now has an online interactive multiple-choice test, accessed through the digital subscription to the book.
- There are also more Discussions and Activities throughout the chapters. These give students the opportunity to have more informal conversations about mathematics and are a good source of extra material for students who have finished their work early.
- We are updating our Self-Tutor scripts with greater emphasis on conceptual understanding.
- As per previous editions, we understand that most schools have national school requirements up until grade 10 or equivalent, and run MYP programs alongside these. In these new publications, we therefore address the MYP framework, plus anything else we feel would be commonly done at that year level, and always with a view to preparing for the DP courses.
Please note that these titles have been named as 3rd editions for the sake of simplicity for the purchaser, even though there was no “2nd edition” for the 5 Standard and 5 Extended titles.
Author: Michael Haese
Curriculum: IB MYP Programme
Edition: 3rd Edition
Release date: September 1, 2022