Author: de Jean Bottaro, John Stanley
Curriculum: IB Diploma Programme International Baccalaureate
Dimension: 8 x 0.5 x 10 inches
Edition: 2nd Elevate Edition
Isbn 10: 1108760554
Pages: 288 pages
Release date: 15th May, 2019
This coursebook with Cambridge Elevate edition covers Paper 2, World History Topic 9: Evolution and Development of Democratic States (1848-2000) of the History for the IB Diploma syllabus for first assessment in 2017. Tailored to the requirements of the IB syllabus and written by experienced IB History examiners and teachers, it offers authoritative and engaging guidance through the following detailed studies from around the world: South Africa, India, Germany, and the USA.
- Activities throughout the chapters to encourage an exploratory and inquiring approach to historical learning.
- Structured to cover one topic per title to help students adopt an investigative and thorough approach to their study.
- Detailed studies from around the world are included for centres to choose from according to their interests, helping students make comparisons between two different regions.
- Activities throughout the chapters encourage an exploratory and inquiring approach to historical learning.
- Opportunities for balanced historical debate to inspire engagement with multiple historical perspectives and interpretations.
- Definitions of key historical terms displayed alongside relevant text to aid accessibility and support for EAL learners.
- Key Concept links to highlight how the 6 new key concepts can be integrated into the course.