NEW Global Politics for the IB Diploma (Not Yet Published May 2024)
Trust an experienced team of IB educators to help develop the key skills needed to understand global politics with a range of contemporary case studies, different perspectives on political issues provided throughout, and extensive assessment support.
- Build analytical skills with engaging content comprising of case studies and pedagogy to write them.
- Improve performance with knowledge-checking quizzes at the end of each chapter, along with essay writing and exam guidance that includes case studies that can be deployed as examples and evidence for Paper 2 responses.
- Engage students with interactive knowledge tests and case studies provided in the Boost eBook.
- Build inquiry skills through class discussion questions that foster intercultural understanding, open-mindedness and respect.
- Integrate Theory of Knowledge into your lessons with TOK links and Inquiries, written by our bestselling TOK author John Sprague, that provide real-world examples, case studies, and questions.
- Develop ATL skills with a range of engaging activities.
- Support EAL students with content and support that is tailored to their needs.
Melanie Wilson, Head of Global Politics at UWC Southeast Asia, has reviewed this coursebook.
How to use this book
The case study approach
Core: Understanding power and global politics
1 Understanding power and global politics
2 Development and sustainability
3 Peace and conflict
4 Rights and justice
5 Engagement activity/Project
Interactive case studies