IB Psychology - A Student's Guide
We hear this all the time from teachers and students, which is why we’ve published a textbook to make your life a lot easier.
By drastically reducing the content requirements of the course through the themantic approach that finds overlaps between topics, the pressure of the course is reduced, so you get more time and less stress.
For example, there’s no need to study Social identity theory (SIT) and prejudice as two separate topics. Why not teach SIT as the explanation for prejudice? Voila! Two topics – half the time.
Similarly, why study effects of hormones (bio approach) and explanations of disorders (abnormal psych) as two separate topics? If we teach the effects of hormones on the brain as an explanation of the symptoms of PTSD – bingo! Two topics – half the time.
Besides this unique structure, more features of the text include:
- Full chapters on the IA and exam preparation
- EE advice and guidance
- Lesson-by-lesson layout for easy planning (and easy to use with our Teacher Support Packs)
- Guiding questions, critical thinking extensions and interesting activity suggestions for every lesson
- Full colour design with images and graphics
- Topics covered in-depth to increase IB marks for students
- Clear language and explanations for easy comprehension for EAL (and all) students
- Complete glossary with definitions of over 400 key terms
- Interesting topics not included in other books, like “Love and Marriage”
- Free support through our blog and Facebook groups
A lot of experienced teachers recommend that the best way to teach IB Psychology is holistically, through integrating the three approaches and the options. This is only textbook that we know of that has been designed specifically for this approach.
*This textbook is for the new syllabus (first exams May 2019) and supports the human relationships and abnormal psychology options, with some developmental as a bonus. Health Psychology materials will be published separately.
Author: Dixon Travis
Dimension: IB Diploma Programme
Edition: First Edition
Isbn 10: 0473391392
Pages: 542 pages
Series: IB Diploma Programme