SEL for Students with Special Needs (Middle & High school teacher version)
Do you ever feel confused when reading through long IEPs? Do you wish all your students could be more successful? This workshop goes through SEL strategies that work with all students, with a focus on students with special needs. Learn easy strategies that benefit all students.
Overview: Discover resources and strategies to promote inclusivity with a focus on students with special needs in your general education classroom. Learn best practices for your physical classroom, planning your lessons, teaching methods, and creating a classroom climate conducive to all learners. Create a strengths & growth plan for your classroom by the end of this workshop.
- Understand different types of disabilities in a general education classroom
- Learn best practices for setting up your classroom for all students to be successful
- Explore case studies and printables to practice what you are learning
- Create a strengths & growth plan for your students
A SHORT OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE:
- Certificate of completion for 2 hours of learning to be used for teacher re-licensure or professional development hours (based on your state and country requirements)
- Teaching tools for teaching grades 6th grade - 12th grade
- Authentic classroom case studies and explanatory videos
- Printable resources for teachers to use in their classroom
- Interactive questions to check for understanding