- Content has been revised to reflect changes in the syllabus. This includes the addition and removal of material where appropriate.
- Content has been reorganised, providing a more logical and consistent progression of ideas and difficulty.
- Level of difficulty has been modified, with some topics receiving more thorough and methodical coverage.
- A greater number of puzzles and games have been included, especially at the lower levels.
- Games are presented in text and in the online software, allowing students to play in groups during class as well as independently via technology.
- Existing software has been updated, including new geometry and graphing packages.
- Calculator instructions have been updated, with the books featuring screenshots of instructions for Casio fx-9860G, Casio fx-CG20, TI-84 Plus and TI-nspire.
- Calculator instructions are now available, accessed by clicking on icons located throughout the online book.
- Global Contexts have replaced the old Areas of Interaction activities.
- Each book contains a selection of activities that teachers can use to help plan a unit of work based on the Global Contexts
- Each activity refers to a specific Global Context, and contains a Statement of Inquiry. It lists the relevant Key Concept and Related Concepts, as well as the Approaches the Learning Skills.
- Each activity contains a series of Factual, Conceptual, and Debatable questions to help guide the unit of work.
- Activities are accompanied by a general descriptor and a task-specific descriptor for each of the relevant Assessment Criteria, to help teachers assess the unit of work.
Author: Sandra Haese
Author.author: Michael Haese
Curriculum: Middle Years Programme
Dimension: 9.6 x 7.3 x 1.1 inches
Edition: 2nd Edition
Isbn 10: 1921972475
Pages: 496 pages
Release date: September 25, 2014
Series: MYP Math