Your Cart is empty
Mathematics for the International Student 6 (MYP 1) Second Edition
Author: Michael Haese Sandra Haese Mark Humphries Edward Kemp Pamela Vollmar
Curriculum: Midde Years Program
Edition: 1st Edition
Release date: January 31, 2015
Series: MYP Math
- Content has been revised to reflect changes in the syllabus. This includes the addition and removal of material where appropriate.
- Content has been reorganised, providing a more logical and consistent progression of ideas and difficulty.
- Level of difficulty has been modified, with some topics receiving more thorough and methodical coverage.
- A greater number of puzzles and games have been included, especially at the lower levels.
- Games are presented in text and in the online software, allowing students to play in groups during class as well as independently via technology.
- Existing software has been updated, including new geometry and graphing packages.
- Calculator instructions have been updated, with the books featuring screenshots of instructions for Casio fx-9860G, Casio fx-CG20, TI-84 Plus and TI-nspire.
- Calculator instructions are now available, accessed by clicking on icons located throughout the online book.
- Global Contexts have replaced the old Areas of Interaction activities.
- Each book contains a selection of activities that teachers can use to help plan a unit of work based on the Global Contexts
- Each activity refers to a specific Global Context, and contains a Statement of Inquiry. It lists the relevant Key Concept and Related Concepts, as well as the Approaches the Learning Skills.
- Each activity contains a series of Factual, Conceptual, and Debatable questions to help guide the unit of work.
- Activities are accompanied by a general descriptor and a task-specific descriptor for each of the relevant Assessment Criteria, to help teachers assess the unit of work.
About the book
This book may be used as a general textbook at about 6th Grade (or Year 6) level in classes where students are expected to complete a rigorous course in Mathematics.
The textbook and interactive software provides an engaging and structured package, allowing students to explore and develop their confidence in Mathematics.
The book contains a variety of exercises ranging from basic to advanced, to cater for a range of student abilities and interests. The material is presented in a clear, easy-to-follow format, free from unnecessary distractions, while effort has been made to contextualise questions so that students can relate concepts to everyday use.
Key notes are highlighted while worked examples provide step-by-step instructions with concise and relevant explanations. Discussions, Activities, Investigations, Puzzles and Research exercises are used throughout the chapters to develop understanding, problem solving, and reasoning, within an interactive environment.
The online book contains specially designed software. Click on any worked example throughout the book to activate a teacher's voice which will explain each step in the worked example. is an excellent tool for students who have been absent from class or for those who need extra revision and practice.
In addition to the online book contains links to geometry software, statistics packages, demonstrations, calculator instructions and a range of printable worksheets, tables, spreadsheets and diagrams, allowing teachers to demonstrate concepts and students to experiment for themselves.