Your Cart is empty
A five-session self-paced IB teacher eLearning course that chunks and covers all the core elements of MYP Sciences, Mathematics, Individuals & Societies, Design, Physical Education, Arts, Language & Literature and Language Acquisition. Great for new and novice MYP teachers!
ALL COURSES INCLUDE
A 5 session course that chunks and covers all the core elements of the IB MYP subject.
Formative and summative assessment that can lead to a certificate and points via gamification.
- Downloadable infographics.
- Downloadable MYP unit planners, ebooks, worksheets and other resources to get you started on your journey as an MYP teacher
- Cross-platform delivery so you can use on any device.
- Plus a few more tools to make the course more efficient and enjoyable
- All about the MYP
- The Learner Profile
- Essentials of Teaching MYP Sciences
- Course Aims
- Service as Action
Building the Unit of Inquiry
- MYP 16 Key Concepts
- Key Concept + Related Concept + Global Context
- Statement of Inquiry
- Inquiry Questions
Approaches to Learning Skills
- Inquiry in the Classroom
- Approaches to Learning
- Approaches to Teaching
- Interdisciplinary Units (IDU): Teaching, Learning, Assessment
- The Role of Assessment
- Assessment Planning and Development
- Assessment of Interdisciplinary Units (IDU)
How to Structure Your Course
- The Essential Parts of MYP Unit Planning
- Interdisciplinary (ID) Planners
- MYP Projects
- Ready to use Classroom Resources: Downloadable Unit Planners, Worksheets, ebooks and more
- Best way to structure your course to ensure students have the most productive learning experience.
- Ready to use classroom resources that can be modified to your classroom and student-specific interests.
- Downloadable infographics from the course
- Unit planning resource builder
- Ebook library
- Downloadable lessons, resources and infographics
- Formative and Summative Assessment
- Individual Teacher Feedback
- Ebook library
- Certificate of Completion
- File Repository
- Individual Learning Paths
You will have access to the course for 90 days from the purchase date at which point a new purchase is required
This course will help IB educators in the following ways:
- New IB teachers - need an overview of the concepts of the IB curriculum in an accessible format. The IB is full of terms (TOK, EE, CAS, ATL, ATT, LP, IA etc..) we explain and contextualize these in relation to real-world settings for all new teachers.
Refresh what you know - A refresher that covers all the core concepts is an often overlooked aspect of professional development. We are always updating content to cover curriculum changes, new terms, assessment requirements and more to ensure you are up to date on all things IB
Sharing - Education is most powerful as a collaborative endeavour and so too is effective Professional development. Our course is built on the platform of sharing ideas with the aim of more adding more user-generated content as the course evolves. So come to learn from your peers and let them learn from you in return.
- Expanding Knowledge - The IB a growing curriculum that is used in over 130 countries at over 5000 schools. Educators who are keen to learn it's various aspects, concepts and pedagogical principles would benefit especially when it is voiced in the words of real-world educators.
All Edtrove courses are growing bigger every day. We update our courses constantly with additional lesson plans, unit planners, teachers tips and real-world examples to help you become a better educator!
Technical Specifications: You can access your Edtrove course on any computer, browser, tablet or mobile device. All browsers are supported
Our Authors: Our courses are created by over 150 fellow IB educators just like you. The aim here is to ensure we reduce the jargon and present the core of the IB in plain-teacher-talk! Always focussing on how we can educate you about the essential concepts in relation to real classroom examples. We have a commitment to customers.