Your Cart is empty
Edtrove Diploma Environmental Systems & Societies Basic Teacher Prep Course (Coming October 2018)
A six-session self-paced eLearning course that chunks and covers all the core elements of the IB Diploma Environmental Systems & Societies.
- Collaborate with your subject-specific peers.
- Formative and summative assessment that can lead to a certificate and points via gamification.
- Downloadable infographics.
- Cross-platform delivery so you can use on any device.
- Plus a few more tools to make the course more efficient and enjoyable
Introduces the IB as a curriculum.
Covers all of your group aims and subject-specific aims with real classroom examples to make sure you understand how they apply to your own classroom.
Covers all the fundamental concepts of the IB curriculum
- LP: Learner profile and how it ties into the foundation of your subject.
- ATL: Approaches to learning.
- ATT: Approaches to Teaching.
- All subject-specific concepts in your course and related classroom activity.
Prepare your classroom to tackle External Assessment for your subject using real teacher experience forged strategies.
Best practices for student preparation and assessment criteria are explained with examples.
Learn all the essential concepts of Internal Assessment for your subject.
Provide good student created examples of IA with guidelines for practical IA mapped to the assessment criteria of the subject.
All about the core and how it ties into the teaching of your subject.
- TOK: Theory of Knowledge
- EE: Extended Essay
- CAS: Creativity, activity, service
- Best way to structure your course to ensure students have the most productive learning experience.
- Ready to use classroom resources that can be modified to your classroom and student-specific interests.
- Downloadable infographics from the course
- Unit planning resource builder
- Teacher recommended books for IB Diploma Environmental Systems & Societies
- Ebook library
PREMIUM COURSE FEATURES
All the basic features but with FEEDBACK from real educators to validate your work, provide confirmation and help you arrive at your learning objectives.
- Downloadable lessons, resources and infographics
- Formative and Summative Assessment
- Individual Teacher Feedback
- Ebook library
- Certificate of Completion
- File Repository
- Individual Learning Paths
You will have access to the course for 90 days from the purchase date at which point a new purchase is required.
This course will help IB educators in the following ways:
- New IB teachers - need an overview of the concepts of the IB curriculum in an accessible format. The IB is full of terms (TOK, EE, CAS, ATL, ATT, LP, IA etc..) we explain and contextualize these in relation to real-world settings for all new teachers.
Refresh what you know - A refresher that covers all the core concepts is an often overlooked aspect of professional development. We are always updating content to cover curriculum changes, new terms, assessment requirements and more to ensure you are up to date on all things IB
Sharing - Education is most powerful as a collaborative endeavour and so too is effective Professional development. Our course is built on the platform of sharing ideas with the aim of more adding more user-generated content as the course evolves. So come to learn from your peers and let them learn from you in return.
- Expanding Knowledge - The IB a growing curriculum that is used in over 130 countries at over 5000 schools. Educators who are keen to learn it's various aspects, concepts and pedagogical principles would benefit especially when it is voiced in the words of real-world educators.
All Edtrove courses are growing bigger every day. We update our courses constantly with additional lesson plans, unit planners, teachers tips and real-world examples to help you become a better educator!
Technical Specifications: You can access your Edtrove course on any computer, browser, tablet or mobile device. All browsers are supported
Our Authors: Our courses are created by over 150 fellow IB educators just like you. The aim here is to ensure we reduce the jargon and present the core of the IB in plain-teacher-talk! Always focussing on how we can educate you about the essential concepts in relation to real classroom examples. We have a commitment to customers.