Creating an Equitable Classroom (Middle & High school teacher version)
Everyone is talking about equity and how schools and classrooms need to be more equitable. But how do you do that? This workshop gives teachers practical tools and knowledge on the difference between equality and equity, with printables and case studies to use more equitable practices in your classroom.
Overview: Explore the ways you can create more equitable teaching practices so all your students can find success and feel included. This workshop focuses on empathy and perspective-taking while teaching teachers about equitable teaching practices.
- Understand the ideas of equitable, equality, and justice
- Learn tools and best practices for creating an equitable classroom
- Explore tools to help your students be successful in your classroom
- Create a Ripple Effect project with your students by the end of this workshop
A SHORT OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE:
- Certificate of completion for 2 hours of learning to be used for teacher re-licensure or professional development hours (based on your state and country requirements)
- Teaching tools for teaching grades 6th grade - 12th grad
- Authentic classroom case studies and explanatory videos
- Printable resources for teachers to use in their classroom
- Interactive questions to check for understanding