Creating a Final Equity & Inclusion Project (Middle & High school teacher version)
Are you an anti-racist teacher advocate? Do you feel passionate about creating an equitable and inclusive classroom? This workshop leads teachers through a project to create a Declaration of Equity with their students.
It is recommended that teachers take at least 2 other workshops on Equity before completing this workshop.
Overview: After completing a few (or all) of the workshops that focus on equity, create a final project to put your learning into action. This short workshop leads you through creating a Declaration of Equity for your classroom with your students.
- Understand the elements in a declaration
- Learn how to work with your students to create a declaration of equity in your classroom
- Create a Declaration of Equity with your students
A SHORT OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE:
- Certificate of completion for 2 hours of learning to be used for teacher re-licensure or professional development hours (based on your state and country requirements)
- Teaching tools for teaching grades 6th grade - 12th grade
- Printable resources for teachers to use in their classroom
- Interactive questions to check for understanding