Your Cart is empty
BIOZONE is excited to announce the launch of new 2017 editions of our popular AP Biology 1 & 2 student books. Building on the successful approach of previous editions, they will feature new and revised content and easy-to-use tools for identifying program requirements and assessing student performance.
- Essential Skills for AP Biology
Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- The Biochemistry of Life
- Cell Structure and Processes
- Cellular Communication
- DNA and RNA
- Chromosomes and Cell Division
- The Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
- Regulation of Gene Expression
- Sources of Variation
- Genetic Change in Populations
- Evidence for Biological Evolution
- The Relatedness of Organisms
- Speciation and Extinction
- The Origin of Living Systems
For ease of use, the full course work for AP Biology has been published as two companion titles. AP Biology 2 is the companion to this title. Each title can be purchased individually or as the AP Biology Bundle.
Some of the new features of these significantly enhanced editions include:
- Chapter introductions provide a summary of required knowledge, encapsulating the Essential Knowledge of the AP curriculum framework (2015) and matched point for point.
- A Key Idea introduces each activity, providing a clear focus and “take-home” message for the student.
- New activities to support student-led inquiry and a larger number of activities involving data analysis and modeling.
- New case studies and required illustrative examples.
- New easy-to-use coding for weblinks, content and concept connections, and science practices:
- Science Practices are well supported through integrated activities in both volumes.
- Concept and Content Connections codes enable students to make important connections across the entire program.
- New content to support the 13 required practicals.
- Both volumes include content adjustments and updates in light of the latest (2015) review of the framework and in keeping with the dynamic nature of science.
- Review activities at the end of each chapter enable students to test their understanding and are ideal as formative assessment tasks.
- Synoptic activities suitable as summative assessments conclude each section of work.
Features and Benefits
- 400+ activities across the two companion titles: Varied, engaging activities provide ample opportunity for students to explore and test their understanding of the content.
- The four big ideas provide a thematic framework for presenting a wealth of illustrative examples to support the required content.
- Concept maps make connections between key content areas.
- A key idea for each activity and access to support online engages students and supports a deeper understanding.
- Enduring understandings are clearly identified and developed through the learning objectives and their supporting activities.
- Essential knowledge: Learning outcomes are based on the essential knowledge requirements of the AP Biology Curriculum Framework, outlining the knowledge and skills students must acquire.