Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) Student Planner Grade 9 (2021) (9781733641784)
Author: Seltrove contributor team
Curriculum: Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)
Isbn 10: 1733641785
Release date: 23 July 2020
Take a look at the features of this grade 9 SEL planner
Flip Through this grade 9 planner for more examples:
Students learn all 5 CASEL competencies including:
- Self-awareness through identifying strengths, learning emotional vocabulary, and teaching growth mindset.
- Self-management with an emphasis on self-reflection, an introduction to the locus of control, and practicing goal-setting.
- Responsible decision-making by learning about the decision-making process and practicing decision-making with SEL stories.
- Relationship skills including healthy relationships and friendships, as well as peer pressure, creating boundaries and being an upstander.
- Social awareness like empathy, perspective-taking, and being inclusive.
- Key settings are supported through a home-school connection in the learning log.
This 9th grade planner is specific to the needs of this grade level and provides a solid foundation of SEL development for high school students. This 9th grade planner allows students more freedom and open-ended activities to practice what they are learning by digging into each skill and competency in a grade-appropriate way. At the end of this year, students will be ready to jump into the high school Seltrove planners to continue their SEL development
All lessons are accessible and appropriate for a range of diverse learners in a multitude of school settings.
Planners also include:
- Learning Log or Homework Log
- Goal-setting and goal reflection lessons
- Lessons, book suggestions, and activity pages for each of the four themes/competencies
- A review and reflection lesson at the end of each theme
- SEL Resources in the back of the planners including real-world case studies, SEL reflection checklist, Mindfulness resources, and other age-appropriate SEL-specific resources for students
- Blank notes pages and coloring/creative expression pages
Additionally Planners also include:
- Engaging Lessions
- SEL Resources
- Fun Activities
- Goal Setting
- SEL Stories
- CASEL-aligned lessons and activities
- Logically sequenced lessons and activities
- Student planners include appropriately sequenced activities that target each CASEL competency.
- Accessible and appropriate lessons for diverse learners
- Opportunities for students to use their strengths as an individual
- Encourages safe communication and collaboration with peers
- Opportunities for students to self-monitor their progress
- Student-centered activities with real-world applications
- Giving students leadership and responsibility for their learning
Common questions about Using this Planner
Question: What training does a teacher need to use this planner?Answer: This SEL planner is classroom-ready and requires no SEL training on the teacher's part.
Question: How long is each lesson?
Answer: Lessons take about 10-15 minutes to complete. Each lesson also includes extension activities that are optional.
Lessons are designed to flow easily into busy school days and easily integrate into busy teacher's schedules.
Question: How do my students use this planner?
Answer: Lessons can be completed during class time individually, in small groups, or as a class. They are also designed to be done at home with minimal parent/guardian support. All lessons are accessible and appropriate for a range of diverse learners in a multitude of school settings.
No teacher preparation is required to use these SEL planners!