Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) Student Planner Grade 12 (2021) (9781733641753)
Author: Jennifer Laster, Suresh Korapati Andrew Culley, Janna Nobleza
Curriculum: Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)
Isbn 10: 1733641750
Release date: 24 July 2020
12th grade is a year of transition; transitioning into adulthood and independence. Seniors are excited, nervous, and perhaps intimidated by all the changes that are taking place.
Take a look at the features of this grade 12 SEL planner
Flip Through this grade 12 planner for more examples:
Students learn all 5 CASEL competencies including:
- Self-awareness through identifying strengths, learning emotional vocabulary, and teaching growth mindset.
- Self-management with an emphasis on self-reflection, an introduction to the locus of control, and practicing goal-setting.
- Responsible decision-making by learning about the decision-making process and practicing decision-making with SEL stories.
- Relationship skills including healthy relationships and friendships, as well as peer pressure, creating boundaries and being an upstander.
- Social awareness like empathy, perspective-taking, and being inclusive.
- Key settings are supported through a home-school connection in the learning log.
All lessons are accessible and appropriate for a range of diverse learners in a multitude of school settings.
This 8th grade planner is a culmination of the activities and learning that students have been practicing throughout the middle school Seltrove planners. This 8th grade planner allows students more freedom and open-ended activities to practice what they are learning by digging into each skill and competency in a grade-appropriate way. At the end of this year, students will be ready to jump into the high school Seltrove planners to continue their SEL development
- Learning Log or Homework Log
- Goal-setting and goal reflection lessons
- Lessons, book suggestions, and activity pages for each of the four themes/competencies
- A review and reflection lesson at the end of each theme
- SEL Resources in the back of the planners including real-world case studies, SEL reflection checklist, Mindfulness resources, and other age-appropriate SEL-specific resources for students
- Blank notes pages and coloring/creative expression pages
Additionally Planners also include:
- Engaging Lessions
- SEL Resources
- Fun Activities
- Goal Setting
- SEL Stories
- CASEL-aligned lessons and activities
- Logically sequenced lessons and activities
- Student planners include appropriately sequenced activities that target each CASEL competency.
- Accessible and appropriate lessons for diverse learners
- Opportunities for students to use their strengths as an individual
- Encourages safe communication and collaboration with peers
- Opportunities for students to self-monitor their progress
- Student-centered activities with real-world applications
- Giving students leadership and responsibility for their learning