Author: Jo Thomas, Keely Rogers
Curriculum: IB Diploma Programme International Baccalaureate
Dimension: 4.9 x 0.1 x 6.8 inches
Edition: 2nd Edition
Isbn 10: 1292102586
Pages: 6 pages
Release date: 11/15/2015
Series: IB Diploma History
Pearson Baccalaureate History: Authoritarian States 2nd edition is a revised version of the bestselling 1st edition, written by leading IB practitioners to specifically match the International Baccalaureate 2015 History curriculum. This book comprehensively covers the revised Authoritarian States topic, with specific focus on comparisons between leaders.
The new edition covers five leaders in depth, from each region - Castro, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini and Nasser - and includes foreign policy, as well education and social policy, as outlined by the curriculum. It will equip you with the knowledge and skills that you will need to answer essay questions on Paper Two and document-based questions on Paper One, as well as covering crossover content with Paper Three. The enhanced eBook contains worksheets, quizzes to test knowledge and examination skills, and enlarged source material.
Authoritarian States includes the following features:
- a clear overview and analysis of key events
- practice in analysing source material, including photographs, cartoons, letters, speeches, and other documents
- support throughout for new curriculum features, including key concepts and international mindedness
- in-depth coverage of leaders, with the addition of foreign policy and comparative analysis
- approaches to learning highlighted in each activity throughout the book
- focus on the examination requirements, with 'hints for success' throughout, as well as quizzes on the eBook
- an updated Theory of Knowledge section, matching the latest syllabus, and questions throughout to help with wider research and discussion.
Other titles in the Pearson Baccalaureate series include: History: Causes and Effects of 20th Century Wars History: The Cold War History: The Move to Global War Theory of Knowledge