Texas IB Schools 2016 Fall Roundtable
Welcome to the IB Source space dedicated to your Regional Association.
TIBS 2016 FALL ROUNDTABLE
To advocate for access to an IB education for all and provide support to IB World Schools through professional development, curriculum consulting, program implementation, and scholarship programs.
The tremendous growth of the IB in Texas has resulted in the establishment of Texas IB Schools (TIBS), a 501(c)(3) organization and a recognized Association of IB World Schools that supports the general improvement of education for students enrolled in IB programmes in the state of Texas.
To this end, TIBS works to:
- ensure a continuity and commitment to the standards of performance espoused by the International Baccalaureate Organization;
- facilitate quality program development, curriculum improvement and effective implementation of all components of International Baccalaureate through a cooperative exchange;
- support and sponsor staff development and training in conjunction with the International Baccalaureate Organization and state programs for teachers, counselor, coordinators, and administrators;
- provide centralized communication for all member programs for general policy, concerns, needs, and ideas;
- serve as an International Baccalaureate programs consultation clearing house for sub-regional member and/or non-member schools;
- and foster recognition and understanding of International Baccalaureate programs by North American universities and colleges.