Trauma Informed Practices (Elementary school teacher version)
Some students come into the classroom with a backpack of hurts. Learn how you can be trauma informed to care for all your students, even if you don't know all their past experiences.
Overview: Discover ways you can be a trauma-informed teacher even if you don't know the backgrounds of all your students. These strategies will help your classroom be an inclusive and safe place for all your students and for yourself as a teacher.
- Understand different types of trauma
- Learn trauma informed teaching practices
- Explore trauma responses & self-care practices
- Create well-being practices to keep yourself healthy
A SHORT OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE:
- Certificate of completion for 2 hours of learning to be used for teacher re-licensure or professional development hours (based on your state and country requirements)
- Teaching tools for teaching grades Kindergarten - 5th grade
- Printable resources for teachers to use in their classroom
- Interactive questions to check for understanding