Restorative Practices & Problem-Solving (Elementary school teacher version)
Restorative practices may sound a bit new age-y, but really it's a great way to help your students become better at solving problems by themselves, being better critical thinkers, and developing empathy skills. Learn all about this practice in this practical, interactive workshop.
Overview: Discover ways to incorporate restorative practices into your classroom and school, while focusing on respect, empathy, and responsibility. Use the case studies to practice what you are learning so you can use restorative circles in your own classroom.
- Understand restorative practices
- Learn how to use restorative circles in your classroom
- Explore teaching strategies for respectful problem solving
- Create a respect agreement with your students
A SHORT OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE:
- Certificate of completion for 2 hours of learning to be used for teacher re-licensure or professional development hours (based on your state and country requirements)
- Teaching tools for teaching grades Kindergarten - 5th grade
- Printable resources for teachers to use in their classroom
- Interactive questions to check for understanding