Mental Wellness (Middle & High school teacher version)
Tweens and teens have a lot of things they are coping with and these struggles affect their learning. Learn how to support your students' mental wellness by learning the warning signs of mental health struggles and tools to support healthy well-being in tweens and teens.
Overview: Learn about mental health in tweens and teens, and ways teachers can support healthy wellness. Understand the warning signs, who you can go to for help, and ways to promote healthy coping strategies.
- Understand the differences between mental wellness, mental health, and mental illness
- Learn to recognize the warning signs when students need help
- Explore case studies and printables to practice what you are learning
- Create an action plan for yourself and your class
A SHORT OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE:
- Certificate of completion for 2 hours of learning to be used for teacher re-licensure or professional development hours (based on your state and country requirements)
- Teaching tools for teaching grades 6th grade - 12th grade
- Printable resources for teachers to use in their classroom
- Interactive questions to check for understanding