Communication & Active Listening (Middle & High school teacher version)
Pay attention! Teachers say this all the time, but what are we really wanting and have we ever taught our students how to be a good listener and communicator? Learn how to teach your students better communication (and listening) skills with this teacher workshop.
Overview: Focus on teaching students to be active listeners, clear verbal communicators, and responsible digital communicators. Explore non-violent communication and teaching students to navigate disagreements.
- Understand what complicates communication
- Learn non-violent communication strategies for teachers
- Explore tools for teaching better communication to your students
- Create an action plan with resources for your students
A SHORT OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE:
- Certificate of completion for 2 hours of learning to be used for teacher re-licensure or professional development hours (based on your state and country requirements)
- Teaching tools for teaching grades 6th grade - 12th grade
- Printable resources for teachers to use in their classroom
- Interactive questions to check for understanding