Creating an Inclusive Classroom (Middle & High school teacher version)
All teachers want their students to feel like they belong and are valued. But how exactly can teachers do this? This workshop goes through the physical classroom, content teachers are teaching, and the interactions teachers have with their students to show how you can create a more inclusive and welcoming classroom.
Overview: Learn how to create a caring classroom environment that is culturally responsive and equitable for all your learners. Focus on best practices and tools to keep your learners engaged and feel part of the classroom community.
- Understand reasons students may feel excluded from a classroom
- Learn strategies and teaching methods to become more inclusive
- Explore tools and printables you can use in your classroom with your students
- Collaborate with other teachers and share ideas
A SHORT OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE:
- Certificate of completion for 2 hours of learning to be used for teacher re-licensure or professional development hours (based on your state and country requirements)
- Teaching tools for teaching grades Kindergarten - 5th grade
- Authentic classroom case studies and explanatory videos
- Printable resources for teachers to use in their classroom
- Interactive questions to check for understanding