11th grade is a year of decisions, planning, and stress for many students. They are beginning to plan out their future and may be studying for college entrance exams, etc. to prepare for their future. SEL is vital for 11th grade students to help them manage their stress, prepare for the future, and create a healthier well-being.
This SEL planner was designed specifically for 11th grade students and focuses on the five CASEL competencies with an emphasis on application and practice.
Take a look at the features of this Grade 11 SEL planner
Flip through the grade 11 sample below for more examples
Students learn all 5 CASEL competencies including:
- Self-awareness is emphasized through reflecting on how emotions can affect behavior and decisions.
- Self-management is focused on by practicing the locus of control, goal-setting, and stress management strategies.
- Responsible decision-making is practiced through social stories and reflecting on the decision-making process.
- Relationship skills are explored through case studies on teamwork, peer pressure, and conflict resolution.
- Social awareness is explored through empathy, learning about prejudice and cultures, and learning tools for inclusivity
This 11th grade planner focuses on real-life examples to practice SEL skills with the goal of helping students learn how they can use SEL in their own daily lives. This SEL planner is the next best step after the 10th grade planner since it focuses on applying SEL skills in order to fully embody and develop these skills.
- Learning Log or Homework Log
- Goal-setting and goal reflection lessons
- Lessons, book suggestions, and activity pages for each of the four themes/competencies
- A review and reflection lesson at the end of each theme
- SEL Resources in the back of the planners including real-world case studies, SEL reflection checklist, Mindfulness resources, and other age-appropriate SEL-specific resources for students
- Blank notes pages and coloring/creative expression pages
Additionally Planners also include:
- Engaging Lessions
- SEL Resources
- Fun Activities
- Goal Setting
- SEL Stories
- CASEL-aligned lessons and activities
- Logically sequenced lessons and activities
- Student planners include appropriately sequenced activities that target each CASEL competency.
- Accessible and appropriate lessons for diverse learners
- Opportunities for students to use their strengths as an individual
- Encourages safe communication and collaboration with peers
- Opportunities for students to self-monitor their progress
- Student-centered activities with real-world applications
- Giving students leadership and responsibility for their learning