NEW TEACHER TURNKEY SOLUTION PERFECT FOR IB COORDINATORS
Our Literature A Teacher Prep Course helps new teachers by preparing them to enter their IB classroom. Help your NEW teachers master the nuts and bolts of teaching their IB course. This is a great tool for IB coordinators who have new teachers in multiple subjects and don’t have time to individually train them. This course is not a substitute for an IB workshop.
This course is perfect for new DP Literature teachers who will be teaching Year 2 for the 2019-2020 school year, since the content of this course focuses solely on the Subject Guide ending in 2020.
If you are looking for the IBTROVE DP Literature Teacher Prep course that focuses on the new Subject Guide (with assessments beginning in 2021), please check back in mid-July for the updated course.
The goal of this course is to provide you with quality professional development by experienced IB teachers around the world. Learn by taking a self-paced eLearning course where we will:
- Guide you through the new elements of the curriculum, including the aims, concepts, learner portfolio, and the Areas of Exploration
- Provide you with IB Literature A classroom examples from expert teachers
- Give you practice reading and marking sample assessments
- Teach you how to organize your DP Literature course
- Show you examples of how to integrate the ATL, ATT, and Learner Profile into your classroom
- Provide space for collaboration with teachers around the world, and access to a guru who can answer your questions and provide feedback
- 90-day access so that your new teachers have plenty of time to take the course
- Completion certificate emailed to you upon completion of the course
LEARN ALL THE IB ELEMENTS
Our courses will help new teachers learn all the key components of successfully managing an IB classroom. All this can be done at their own pace, schedule and on any device.
SIMPLIFY THINGS FOR IB COORDINATORS
IB coordinators can onboard their new teacher using the courses. New teachers can then demonstrate their successful completion of the course by presenting their certificate.
REAL CLASSROOM EXAMPLES
New IB teachers will be able to see real classroom examples of IA, Unit plans, Lesson plans. They can then test their comprehension through assessments and exercises.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Janna Nobleza taught for over 11 years in the Chicago Public Schools as an IB Literature A instructor. She currently lives and works as an IB examiner and consultant in Minneapolis, MN
Find a sample of the Literature A course here:
This work/product/service has been developed independently from and is not endorsed by the International Baccalaureate Organization. International Baccalaureate®, Baccalaureat International®, Bachillerato