NEW TEACHER TURNKEY SOLUTION PERFECT FOR IB COORDINATORS
Our Career Programme Teacher Prep Course helps new teachers by preparing them to enter their IB classroom. Help your NEW teachers master the nuts and bolts of teaching their IB course. This is a great tool for IB coordinators who have new teachers in multiple subjects and don’t have time to individually train them. This course is not a substitute for an IB workshop.
The goal of this course is to provide you with quality professional development by experienced IB teachers around the world. Learn by taking a self-paced eLearning course where we will:
- Guide you through the elements of the CP and Personal and Professional Skills (PPS) including the aims, framework, and learning outcomes
- Provide you with student samples and expert teacher resources for the assessments, topics, and themes covered in the PPS curriculum
- Advise you on the CP Core and how the DP courses fit into the CP
- Guide you through the Career-Related connections (CRS), how the CRS connect to the PPS course, Service Learning, and the Reflective Project
- Teach you how to organize your CP and PPS
- Show you examples of how to integrate the ATL, ATT, and Learning Profile into your classroom
- Provide space for collaboration with teachers around the world, and access to a guru who can answer your questions and provide feedback
- 90-day access so that your new teachers have plenty of time to take the course
- Completion certificate emailed to you upon completion of the course
LEARN ALL THE IB ELEMENTS
Our courses will help new teachers learn all the key components of successfully managing an IB classroom. All this can be done at their own pace, schedule and on any device.
SIMPLIFY THINGS FOR IB COORDINATORS
IB coordinators can onboard their new teacher using the courses. New teachers can then demonstrate their successful completion of the course by presenting their certificate.
REAL CLASSROOM EXAMPLES
New IB teachers will be able to see real classroom examples of IA, Unit plans, Lesson plans. They can then test their comprehension through assessments and exercises.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Denise Prociuk has served as an educator in Chicago Public Schools for over eight years, five of which have been in the IB Career Programme. She spearheaded the IBCP in Chicago as one of the first Core teachers and was invited to The IB Global Centre in The Hague, Netherlands to develop the current curriculum. Denise also gave the first IB Career Programme presentation that the IB Conferences of the Americas have had. Her topics included how to promote community within the CP, cultivate cultural perspectives within the curriculum, and encourage career and technical partnerships in the community for the students. Denise has also led workshops on the IBCP Core Components. Her work continues as she looks for more opportunities to help IBCP teachers, hoping to continue guiding instructional growth and success now that she has her master’s in Educational Leadership.
Find a sample of the course here:
This work/product/service has been developed independently from and is not endorsed by the International Baccalaureate Organization. International Baccalaureate®, Baccalaureat International®, Bachillerato