This 2nd edition is a revised version of the bestselling 1st edition, written by leading IB practitioners to specifically match the International Baccalaureate 2015 History curriculum. It comprehensively covers the revised Authoritarian States topic, with specific focus on comparisons between leaders. The new edition covers five leaders in depth, from each region – Castro, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini and Nasser – and includes foreign policy, as well education and social policy, as outlined by the curriculum. It will equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to answer essay questions on Paper Two and document-based questions on Paper One, as well as covering crossover content with Paper Three. The book is also accompanied by an enhanced eText containing worksheets, quizzes to test knowledge and examination skills, and enlarged source material.
This book includes:
- a clear overview and analysis of key events
- practice in analysing source material, including photographs, cartoons, letters, speeches, and other documents
- support throughout for new curriculum features, including key concepts and international mindedness
- in-depth coverage of leaders, with the addition of foreign policy and comparative analysis
- approaches to learning highlighted in each activity throughout the book
- focus on the examination requirements, with ‘hints for success’ throughout, as well as quizzes on the eText
- an updated Theory of Knowledge section, matching the latest syllabus, and questions throughout to help with wider research and discussion.
Author: Jo Thomas, Keely Rogers
Curriculum: Diploma Programme
Dimension: 7.7 x 0.5 x 10.4 inches
Format: Text + eText Bundle
Isbn 10: 1292102578
Pages: 328 pages
Release date: October 15, 2015