Pearson Baccalaureate Essentials is the first IB series written specifically for EAL students. Designed to supplement standard textbooks, each book acts as a condensed guide to Diploma subjects, with targeted language to embed key concepts without the obstacle of translation. The books are written in a clear academic style - efficient, succinct sentences which are accessible for students whose first language is not English.
The series contains:
- focused content structured around the Knowledge Framework questions
- articulation sentences to guide responses, answer-openers and exam advice
- synonym, glossary and subject vocabulary boxes
- extended essay and internal assessment proposals and support
- highlighted key words and phrases, placed within the context of the course
- accompanying eBook with audio files of glossaries, articulation sentences and
- hints for success, plus PDFs of complete vocabulary lists.
Pearson Baccalaureate Essentials can also be used by non-EAL students as clear and targeted revision guides.
Author: Christian Bryan-Zaykov, Geoffrey Thomas
Curriculum: Diploma Programme
Edition: 1st edition
Isbn 10: 1447990706
Pages: 224 pages
Release date: 18 January, 2016
Title tag: Essentials: Theory of Knowledge + eText bundle